Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pinterest is NO Joke

Everyone jokes about Pinterest being a black hole for your time and it is so freaking true.  Hence, me not posting anything here for two months.  But it is perfect for someone like me.  I love catagorizing everything!  I used to sneak into my brothers room as a child and organize their stinky crap.  I was desperate for stuff to rearrange and make look nice.  My folks closet was off limits due to the fact that my dad was a cop and he didn't want his precious princess to blow her big toe (or worse) off with one of his guns.  I used to stare into it and wish I could put the black shoes next to brown shoes and organize the colored canvases together.  I was something of a nerd I think.  Fast forward 30 years and not much has changed.  I had been resisting the pull of Pinterest since I knew I would be swallowed whole by it.  But then I went into escrow on a new house.  A large house with many, many rooms and a pool and almost three acres that scream for new stables and gardens and viewing areas.  It all needs my special touch, of course.  So I signed up and went trolling for dream home ideas.  But I was also swept up by the tide of cute animal pictures and complicated hairstyles.  Focus, I told myself, as dream homes aren't built by cat ladies with entire boards of felines.  And just like that I have over a 1,000 pins.  But lately, people have been asking me why I haven't been blogging and claiming they have been missing my posts so I am back.  Saved by need, I stepped into fresh air today and quickly claimed I didn't have to spend so much time on Pinterest.  That my homes' remodel will come from the heart and not from someone elses idea of what a kitchen should look like.  But then I went to one of my favorite websites and discovered, gasp, that they had added a Pin It button to all of their items. Oh well, you win some, you lose some right?  So for your enjoyment here is a favorite picture from my perusals today.  Of course, it's a cat.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please comment. I'd hate for this to be a one-sided conversation.